Is Vudu available in Canada? or Does Vudu work in Canada? Unfortunately, there is no Vudu Canada for Canadians to enjoy a vast range of movie collections. This privilege is only reserved for the residents of the USA and Mexico due to licensing restrictions. Therefore, to watch Vudu in Canada, you need the help of ExpressVPN.
Vudu is a popular on-demand streaming service with one of the most extensive HD movie collections. The streaming platform allows subscribers to rent, buy, and watch thousands of HD movies and TV shows on demand. In addition, you can watch various TV shows and movies such as Yellowstone, Wind River, Bullet Train, Vudu Smile, Moonfall, The Dare, The Pact, and many more.
It won’t charge a subscription fee, and all you need to do is to pay rent or buy any specific movie. However, since the streaming service is inaccessible in Canada, viewers have to look for another means to access its content.
Wondering what would that be? Well, we have got all your answers! Turns out you only need reliable VPN-providing services to access Vudu in Canada.
How to Watch Vudu in Canada using a VPN [4 – Quick Steps]
If you are attempting to watch Vudu outside the USA without a VPN, then it is in vain. A VPN is the ultimate tool to get you Vudu in Canada without any complicated process because connecting a VPN is just as easy as switching channels on your TV.
Note: Vudu doesn’t require any subscription fee monthly, but users need to pay rent or buying fees for titles they want to watch. See how can you pay for Vudu titles from Canada. Also, make one of our recommended VPN providers before logging into Vudu Canada.
Why Is Vudu blocked in Canada?
Like many other popular video streaming platforms, there is no Vudu in Canada, and the US version is Geo-restricted in Canada and anywhere else. Therefore, you can only access Vudu directly in the USA and Mexico. Customers do not need to buy a Vudu subscription, but Vudu itself has to pay for copyrights in a region.
Thus it has limited its availability to only the USA and Mexico to reduce the paying cost.
To access the channel in Canada, you would need the help of a reliable VPN service to streaming Vudu in Canada and buy your favourite movies because the Vudu app will check the users’ location to allow them access to content.
But how does the VPN work? Well, Vudu requires your IP address to identify your location. Therefore, you can access and unblock Vudu by connecting to a VPN server in the US, which gets you a US IP address. This would virtually show that you are located in the US, allowing you access to the content only available for US citizens. This way, you will not get Vudu “login failed” error and can enjoy Vudu even if you are sitting in Canada.
Aside from allowing you to unblock various geo-restricted content, a VPN keeps you safe by encrypting internet traffic. This helps prevent Internet Service Providers or governments from monitoring your online activity.
Before selling it to Fandango in 2020, Walmart created Vudu. The service offers a wide range of videos and TV titles that you can rent and stream to select media devices, smart TVs, and home-theatre components with the companion app.
What are The Top VPNs to get Vudu in Canada?
Let’s take a look and see which VPN will be the best option for you to stream Vudu in Canada.
1. ExpressVPN —The Fastest VPN for Vudu Canada
ExpressVPN has over 3000+ servers fast speed servers worldwide, delivering 89.42 Mbps downloading speed. Below are the key features of ExpressVPN.
- Connects up to 5 simultaneous device connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Cost: CA$ 8.96/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) - Save 49% and get 3 extra months FREE with 12-month plan
- Superfast speeds to watch Vudu without interruptions
- 3,000 servers worldwide to overcome geo-blocks
- Have relevant American servers to unblock Netflix and other US-based streaming services.
- Use MediaStreamer and watch Vudu on any Wi-Fi-compatible device
- It works with Indian Disney+ Hotstar, US Netflix, Pluto TV, and Channel 7 within Canada.
In our speed test, ExpressVPN delivered 89.42 Mbps downloading speed and 84.64 Mbps uploading speed on a 100 Mbps connection. The provider offers unlimited bandwidth to stream all your favorite Amazon Prime shows smoothly.
You can get an ExpressVPN subscription for CA$ 8.96/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) with 100% no question money back guarantee of 30 days. Moreover you can even use ExpressVPN to fix YouTube TV VPN proxy detected error in Canada.
Pros and Cons of ExpressVPN
Read our analysis on ExpressVPN to get more details on its features regarding servers, speed, security, and pricing.
2. Surfshark —Affordable VPN provider For Vudu in Canada
Surfshark comes to attention for its unbelievably low subscription charges of CA$ 3.09/mo (US$ 2.30/mo). Moreover, it has no limits on simultaneous device connections. You can try to connect up to 8 or even 12 different devices to the same server while streaming Vudu, and Surfshark guarantees no lag or interruptions.
- Impressive speeds to watch Vudu smoothly.
- Cost: CA$ 3.09/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) - 82% off VPN deal on 2 year plan with 2 months free
- 3,200 servers around the world to bypass geo-blocks
- Unlimited simultaneous device connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Works perfectly with Vudu, TNT cable TV, TF1 TV, Showtime, Sling TV service, and more.
In our speed, Surfshark delivered 88.78 Mbps downloading speed and 54.22 Mbps uploading speed on a 100 Mbps connection. The speed is more than enough to watch Amazon Prime movies without buffering interruptions.
Pros and Cons of Surfshark
Read our comprehensive perspective on Surfshark VPN for Canadian users in particular.
3. NordVPN — Largest VPN Network for Vudu Canada
Amongst the top recommendations to access Vudu in Canada is NordVPN. The extensive network of 1970+ US servers unblocks Vudu without any issues. Some of its quick features are:
- Supports up to 6 simultaneous devices.
- Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Cost: CA$ 4.42/mo (US$ 3.29/mo) - 2 years with 60% off + Threat Protection for free
- Over 5543+ servers in 94+ countries.
- Superfast speeds to watch Vudu in HD.
- SmartPlay feature to get around the toughest geo-blocks.
- It Works with Vudu, YouTube TV, Optus Sport, Foxtel Go, and many more.
In our speed test, NordVPN delivered 86.48 Mbps of downloading speed and 52.42 Mbps of uploading speed on a 100 Mbps connection. You can also use NordVPN to watch the best shows on Stan, along with South African DStv, and the Italian Rai tv channel, in Canada.
Pros and Cons of NordVPN
For more details about NordVPN, go through the NordVPN review for Canada.
4. CyberGhost — Safe & Secure
CyberGhost is one of the pocket-friendly VPNs available, offering streaming that’s free of lag and buffering. One of the most essential advantages of using CyberGhost is its high-security level.
- Provides faster speeds to stream Vudu online
- 1,000 servers in the USA, allowing you to watch Vudu in Canada
- This VPN operates a strict no-logs policy
- Provides up to ten simultaneous device connections
- CyberGhost offers “NoSpy” servers that are independently used for even more fantastic online security
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- 24/7 live chat support is available
- DNS leak protection, automatic kill switch, 256-bit AES encryption, and IPv6 leak protection.
- Easily access Vudu, Hulu, HBO Go, Netflix, Youtube tv, and more.
- Cost: $2.25
In our speed, CyberGhost delivered 85.12 Mbps downloading speed and 40.48 Mbps uploading speed on a 100 Mbps connection.
Pros and Cons of CyberGhost
Learn more about CyberGhost VPN and its specifications in our review guide for CyberGhost VPN Canada.
5. IPVanish– A large number of US servers
IPVanish is based in the US, with hundreds of servers across the US. This includes Houston, Miami, Los Angeles, New York, and Seattle servers. This helps to unblock Vudu even if you’re traveling in Canada.
- Smooth speeds to watch movies
- 100’s of US servers to bypass geo-blocks
- Allows up to ten simultaneous device connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- live chat support is available 24/7
- Essentials include DNS leak protection, a kill switch, and 256-bit AES encryption.
- Unblocks Vudu, Hulu, HBO Go, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, etc.
- Cost: $2.62
In our speed test, IPVanish delivered 73.12 Mbps downloading speed and 37.48 Mbps uploading speed on a 100 Mbps connection.
Pros and Cons of IPVanish
How to Choose the best VPN for unblocking Vudu Canada?
Today the market is flooded with dozens of VPNs. However, their services differ massively, and you cannot trust that they will all give you the required, reliable security and privacy.
Many VPN providers have lapse privacy policies that allow them to pull your data, sell it to third parties, or serve you with unwanted ads. These VPNs are highly concerning, and you must avoid them. Some other VPNs have terrible apps with overreaching permissions that make them suspicious or dangerous.
Here are some essential quick features you must not overlook while deciding which VPN is the best to unblock Vudu.
- The logging policy – A strict No logs policy ensures your personal information stays private.
- Speeds – A fast VPN is essential for data-intensive tasks like streaming or video calling.
- Security features – Robust encryption, DNS leak protection & Kill switches to keep you anonymous.
- Server Areas – Authentic and reliable quality servers at prime locations are essential for unblocking geographically restricted streaming services.
- User-friendly – Your VPN app needs to be slick, user-friendly, fast, and well-built.
- Money-back guarantee – A reasonable time for money back allows you to test the service before fully committing.
- Simultaneous connections – This feature would allow you to share and protect all your Vudu devices.
Can I watch Vudu in Canada with a Free VPN?
You can stream your movies on Vudu with a free VPN. The VPN caters to increasing Internet privacy issues and personal data breaches. It is obvious why more and more people are looking for a way to protect their online privacy and security. And if it comes for free, even better!
But! Almost every free VPN comes with a big catch. These VPNs cannot offer a completely free service compared to their paid-for competitors. Mostly, so-called “free VPNs” will limit your bandwidth, resulting in slow connection speeds. In addition, they will offer a minimal number of available server locations and will turn your evening streaming sessions into a frustrating nightmare.
Users even report free VPN services stealing their personal information and selling it to third parties. Even without these shady practices, because utterly free VPN services have outdated infrastructure in place, they could endanger your privacy, thereby completely missing the whole point of using a VPN in the first place.
Only premium VPN services are reliable and secure options to go for the Vudu VPN.
What Devices are Supported by Vudu?
Vudu can be accessed on the following devices.
How to Download the Vudu app on your devices
Vudu offers a dedicated app that allows users to stream on various devices. Follow the steps below to download the Vudu app to your designated device:
How to Download the Vudu app on Android devices
How to Download the Vudu app on iOS devices
How to Download the Vudu app on Fire tv Stick
First, connect to the New York server of ExpressVPN and then follow these steps;
How do I Activate Vudu on Smart TV?
Follow these steps to activate Vudu on your Smart TV:
What’s on Vudu?
Hit the Vudu website, and you will see multiple categories to find your best match. Starting from popular shows to the most viewed content worldwide. It has all the content sorted according to specific genres like Action movies, Comedy serials, Dramas, Sci-fi, Mystery shows, Fantasy shows, Crime, Adventure, and the list goes on and on.
What are The Famous TV shows on Vudu?
Vudu has a great library of shows. Here is our top pick of famous Vudu shows you should definitely watch on Vudu:
- The Office
- Ricky and Morty
- The Challenge
- Killing Eve
- Doctor Who
- The Pact: Season 2
- First Ladies: Season 1
- A House Divided: Season 4
- Monsters of The Cape
- Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction?
- The Surreal Life
- Black Ink Crew
- 3rd Rock from the Sun
- 21 Jump Street
What are The Famous Movies on Vudu
Vudu brings some great movies to its audience. Besides that, subscribers are also entitled to watch Vudu free movies. Here is the list of top Vudu movies:
- Bullet Trian
- The Grinch
- Spider-Man: No Way Home
- Top Gun: Maverick
- Ghostbuster: Afterlife
- Minion: The Rise of Gru
- Jurassic World Dominion
- Harry Potter and The Philosopher’s Stone
- Tucker and Dale vs. Evil
- Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore
- Elite Squad: The Enemy Within
- There Are No Fakes
- The Death of Mr. Lazarescu
Latest and Upcoming Movies on Vudu in 2023
Here we have compiled a list of recently added titles on Vudu:
- Ticket to Paradise
- Christmas Bloody Christmas
- Divorce Bait
- The Eternal Daughter
- Christmas with The Campbells
- Savage Salvation
- Four Samosas
- Angry Neighbors
- The Harbinger
- Catfish Christmas
- Mistletoe Ranch
How to Pay for Vudu when living in Canada
Vudu is free, but users pay for only titles they want to rent or purchase. There are many free Vudu movies available as well for users. To pay for Vudu from Canada or elsewhere outside the USA, you must ensure your VPN is up and running. This would mask your location, and it would seem like you are accessing Vudu and paying for it from the US or Mexico using a US PayPal account.
Vudu does not require a monthly subscription fee. Instead, you pay for each movie or TV show you rent or buy.
Vudu rental pricing ranges from US $0.99 to US $5.99 (CA$ 1.25 – 7.55), and purchase prices generally range from US $4.99 to US $24.99 (CA$ 6.29-31.49). Vudu also offers particular rental and purchase pricing frequently on their website.[/highlighter]
How do Vudu credits work?
Vudu also offers credits to its customers. Vudu Credits on a variety of products in Walmart. Everything from a fancy dress to pizza. Most VUDU Credits can be found on current Blu-rays and DVDs for sale in the electronics department. They will range in value but will almost always be either CA$ 2, CA$ 5, or CA$ 10, with CA$ 5 being the most common.
Typically they are valid for a year or longer once redeemed in your account. They can be used to purchase anything on VUDU that you’d buy with your credit/debit card. But the Redemption codes and promotional offers are valid in the US only, and terms and conditions apply.
What is Vudu InstaWatch
Owing to Walmart’s ownership of Vudu, the big-box store has a program called Vudu Instawatch. When a user buys a movie or TV show at Walmart, you get instant access to a free digital copy that you can access on Vudu and view on your smart devices.
If a user buys the Blu-ray or DVD at a physical Walmart store, he may use a smartphone to scan the receipt and proceed with any further directives. However, if a user buys a movie online through the Walmart website, he should check his email for a message that provides access to the digital copy.
What are Vudu Digital Movie Cards
If you’re shopping at a Walmart store location, you can purchase a Vudu Digital Movie Card that you can use for watching Vudu streaming content.
What is Disc to Digital
Another service that Vudu offers is Disc-to-Digital, which provides viewers that own older, standard-definition movies on DVD the opportunity to access an HDX (1080p), near Blu-ray Disc quality, a digital version for a minimal fee.
Viewers can then access the high-quality digital copy anytime on compatible mobile or home streaming devices.
How is Vudu a better option than other streaming services
- Free Account: Vudu account is free, and it doesn’t require any subscription fee or financial details to register an account, unlike many other streaming services. You can register for a Vudu free trial and watch many titles without any fee.
- An extensive collection of Free Content: Unlike other streaming services, Vudu offers users a massive library of free movies and shows.
- Lifetime Titles: You can buy digital rights to a show or movie for a lifetime on Vudu, and it will never disappear from your Vudu account, unlike many streaming services where titles disappear after some time. If you want to cancel your Vudu subscription, you can cancel it anytime.
Is there a better alternative to Vudu in Canada?
Listed below are some of the most popular Vudu alternatives available in Canada
- Amazon Prime
- Tubi TV
- Disney+ Hotstar
FAQs: Vudu Canada
How is Vudu different from Netflix?
How do I watch Vudu without the app?
You can watch Vudu by simply accessing the Vudu website on your browser.
How to fix if Vudu login failed on PC browsers
What happens when you buy a movie on Vudu?
The movie will begin downloading. If a user wishes to watch the film, he may start watching the movie immediately by selecting “Watch” from the movie details page. The downloading of movies is suspended while a user is watching videos.
How to download Vudu movies?
Is Vudu the same as Blu-ray?
When you buy a Movie on Vudu, where is it stored?
Can I use Walmart gift cards on Vudu?
If Vudu shutdown, would I lose the movies I purchased?
Vudu is part of the new movies anywhere alliance, so your movies will be safe even if Vudu shuts down.
Can I get Vudu in Canada?
Can I get Vudu on my Smart TV?
Is Vudu legal in Canada?
Is Vudu safe, or Should I use Vudu?
If you want to use Vudu as a video streaming service, it will get pretty expensive, similar to a streaming service like Netflix or Hulu. However, many people only use Vudu for its free content library.
You can stream through Vudu any time on your laptop, TV, or mobile devices without establishing a Vudu login, but to access any free or paid content, you need to create a Vudu login.
Signing up is free; you only pay when you want to watch a movie or TV show that requires a rental or purchase fee.
However, there is no Vudu Canada available yet, but with a VPN on hand, you can spoof your location and access Vudu in Canada easily and safely. VPN is the only effective tool for unblocking Vudu Canada and enjoying your favourite movies for free.