Paramount Plus is a well-liked video-on-demand service that offers a wide variety of popular TV shows, movies, and live sports. It’s possible that, as with any streaming service, you’ll encounter some technical difficulties. You might experience Paramount Plus error code 124 in Canada, but we’ll show you how to troubleshoot.
Paramount Plus is accessible in Canada; however, access to the US content library is constrained in certain international regions. To stream US Paramount Plus in Canada, the use of a premier VPN for Paramount Plus, such as ExpressVPN, is recommended. A VPN facilitates this process by manipulating your IP address.
It’s a bummer that you can’t watch any of Paramount Plus’s awesome TV shows, live sports, or movies due to an error message. So, what is error code 124 on Paramount Plus? The next section explains.
What Does Paramount Plus Error Code 124 Mean?
Do you want to know what is Paramount Plus error code 124 in Canada? The error code 124 Paramount Plus means there’s an internet issue between your streaming device and the Paramount Plus server. For this reason, you see the Paramount Plus error something went wrong.
Bugs and glitches on your streaming device or a compromised browser are also possibilities. If you’re having this problem, it could be because of the ad blocker or tracking protection settings in your browser.
To sum it all up, a connection issue answers the query, “What does error code 124 mean on Paramount Plus?” But how does one fix this Paramount Plus error message? Get the full breakdown of all the error code “124” Paramount Plus fixes in the following section.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Paramount Plus Error Code 124 in Canada
Step 1 (Clean Up Damaged and Cached Files)
Damaged and corrupted data on your streaming device’s browser can cause the Paramount Plus error code 124. Therefore, clearing your device’s browser cache should be your first fix when Paramount Plus keeps saying error 124 as follows:
- Launch your Chrome browser and click on the three dots at the top left corner of the screen.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu and click on Private and Security.
- Next, click “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files” and choose the Advanced option.
- Under the time range, select All Time and clear the data to finish the process.
Step 2 (Disable Ad Blocker)
Using an ad blocker will likely prevent your device from connecting to Paramount Plus’s streaming servers. Here’s how to disable the ad blocker to fix Paramount Plus error code 124 in Canada:
- Launch your Chrome browser and go to Paramount Plus.
- Click the lock icon on the left of the address bar.
- Choose Site Settings from the drop-down list and click on Ads under Permissions.
- Click the arrow on the Ads option and choose Allow.
- Refresh Paramount Plus to see if the Paramount Plus error code 124 is gone.
Step 3 (Start up the Paramount Plus Again)
In Canada, if you’re having trouble streaming and you see the error code 124 from Paramount Plus, restarting your device may help.
- Close the Paramount Plus app.
- Turn off the streaming device and disconnect it from the mains.
- Wait a few minutes before turning it back on to clear the Paramount Plus cache.
- Turn the device back on and launch Paramount Plus.
Step 4 (Check Your Internet Connection)
You cannot find what to watch on Paramount Plus if you don’t have an active internet connection. Also, an unstable internet connection can be the reason for Paramount Plus error code 124 in Canada. How to troubleshoot and improve a streaming connection that isn’t performing as expected:
- Verify that the router’s status lights aren’t flashing.
- If not, you can test for an active connection by using a different device to access the internet.
- Restart your router if there’s no connection, and try streaming Paramount Plus after rebooting.
- If you’re getting a slow connection over Wi-Fi, try switching to cable if your device has this option.
- Contact your ISP if you cannot get your internet to work.
Also, if you’re accessing Paramount Plus outside Canada with a VPN, a slow connection can cause error 124. Try a premium VPN that doesn’t slow down your connection, like ExpressVPN. With adequate internet speed, you can enjoy live streaming of Coppa Italia Final, Combate Global, and other sports programs.
Step 5 (Delete and Reinstalling the Paramount Plus Again)
Deleting and reinstalling the Paramount Plus app is a great way to solve different types of error messages because you’ll get rid of all corrupted data and files. Here’s how to uninstall and reinstall the Paramount Plus app to fix error code 124 in Canada:
- Find the Paramount Plus app on the home screen or app drawer of your device.
- Press and hold the app icon until a menu comes up.
- Tap on “Uninstall” or “Remove.”
- Confirm your choice to completely uninstall.
- Visit your device’s app store (e.g., Microsoft Store, Google Play Store, Apple App Store).
- Search for “Paramount Plus” and download and install the official app.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- Launch the Paramount Plus app and log in to your account to enjoy streaming without error 124.
Step 6 (Remove the Channel and Add It Again)
The Paramount Plus error code 124 also occurs on Roku devices, and in this case, you can try removing the channel and adding it again as follows:
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote to access the main menu.
- Look for the Paramount Plus option among the available channels.
- Select the Paramount Plus option and hit the Star (*) button on your remote to launch a menu.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, choose “Remove channel.”
- Confirm the removal of the Paramount Plus app when prompted.
- Once the app is successfully removed, return to the Roku home screen.
- Select “Streaming Channels” or “Channel Store” from the navigation pane on the left.
- Simply look for “Paramount Plus” among the list of channels or use the search bar.
- Select the Paramount Plus channel from the search results.
- Choose “Add channel” or “Install” to download and install the Paramount Plus app on your Roku.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- The Paramount Plus app will now be available as a channel when you return to the Roku home screen.
- Launch the Paramount Plus app or any of your Paramount Plus favorites.
Step 7 (Deactivate Tracking Protection)
It’s possible that your browser’s tracking protection settings are to blame for error 124. Turn it off so you don’t get the error 124 or a blank screen when trying to use Paramount Plus.
Follow these steps to disable your browser’s tracking protection:
- On a web browser, go to Settings.
- Click on Privacy and Security.
- Uncheck the tracking protection to deactivate this feature.
What are Different Paramount Plus Error Codes?
There are other Paramount Plus error codes besides the error 124 mentioned in this guide. However, these error codes shouldn’t make you cancel your Paramount Plus subscription as we have some quick fixes to try. Here are other Paramount Plus error codes:
How can Paramount Plus Error Code 124 be fixed in Canada?
Why am I getting an error code on Paramount Plus in Canada?
Why is Paramount saying video not available outside your country?
Now that you have learned how to fix Paramount Plus Error Code 124 in Canada and explored the availability of Paramount Plus shows outside the country, you can enjoy uninterrupted streaming.
Remember to check how many people can watch Paramount Plus at once to ensure an optimal viewing experience for you and your loved ones.